I'm now at a point where I can jump back into the kind of lifting that I was doing before neck pain. The problem is... I've also gotten to a point where I'm extremely bored just lifting weights and doing cardio at the gym. Looking for new and exciting options I have friends who have suggested classes at Title Boxing and Chris is getting to be quite a runner (He finished his first 5K on Thanksgiving day in 29 minutes), I've also considered getting a new bike and becoming serious about cycling. I would love to hear of other options... give it to me. Please don't suggest jazzercise. I'm looking for serious help here and look terrible in leg warmers. The key to staying fit is finding an activity that you enjoy... which also happens to make you sweat. I'm trying to find that something.
Wednesday, December 22, 2010
Something Old, Something New, A Question for you...
After getting the green flag to lift again, I've made it through five months of very safe workouts as prescribed by my physical therapist. My workouts started with me lifting half of what I would normally lift, and adding five pounds each week. I did a full body routine 3 days a week, doing one set of exercises for each body part. Lifting so little was a little disheartening at first, but I realized after taking my body measurements last week that I haven't lost any muscle mass. Maybe lifting 5 or 6 days a week as I have in the past isn't totally necessary? The last few months of lifting have gone off without a hitch, well except for a pulled groin muscle. That however didn't happen in the gym, but on my kitchen floor as I was sliding in for another piece of this ridiculous Reese's birthday cake. I almost think it was worth injury.
I'm now at a point where I can jump back into the kind of lifting that I was doing before neck pain. The problem is... I've also gotten to a point where I'm extremely bored just lifting weights and doing cardio at the gym. Looking for new and exciting options I have friends who have suggested classes at Title Boxing and Chris is getting to be quite a runner (He finished his first 5K on Thanksgiving day in 29 minutes), I've also considered getting a new bike and becoming serious about cycling. I would love to hear of other options... give it to me. Please don't suggest jazzercise. I'm looking for serious help here and look terrible in leg warmers. The key to staying fit is finding an activity that you enjoy... which also happens to make you sweat. I'm trying to find that something.
I also wouldn't mind avoiding the "resolutioners" come 01/01/2011 at the gym. Any suggestions of workouts that can be done at home?
I'm now at a point where I can jump back into the kind of lifting that I was doing before neck pain. The problem is... I've also gotten to a point where I'm extremely bored just lifting weights and doing cardio at the gym. Looking for new and exciting options I have friends who have suggested classes at Title Boxing and Chris is getting to be quite a runner (He finished his first 5K on Thanksgiving day in 29 minutes), I've also considered getting a new bike and becoming serious about cycling. I would love to hear of other options... give it to me. Please don't suggest jazzercise. I'm looking for serious help here and look terrible in leg warmers. The key to staying fit is finding an activity that you enjoy... which also happens to make you sweat. I'm trying to find that something.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment